Sitefinity users are users who can conduct content management and/or administrative tasks within a given website project. Users can be managed only by a user who is granted the Manage Users permission.
For more information about granting permissions, see Managing permissions.
When you create and start a project, the user you choose to be project’s administrator is the first user to be created by the system.
For more information see Configuring and starting a project » Step 4.
This user is automatically assigned the Administrators role and is granted full global, content modules and sitemap permissions.
For more information, see Managing roles.
IMPORTANT: Before you create any users, you must set the password requirements and password recovery requirements.
You manage users on Users page.
- To open the Users page, in the main menu in the upper part of the screen, click Administration » Users.
- To filter users from different providers, use the tabs above the toolbar of Users page.
The tabs with different providers appear only if you have more than one provider created.
- To display users assigned only to specific role, use the links in the Users by role pane in the right side of the page.
- To change the view of the list of users, in the toolbar of the Users page, click one of the following:
- Click (Grid).
- Click (List).
- To manage user profile types, click Manage Profile types link in the lower-left corner of the Users page.
For more information, see Managing user profiles.
On the Users page, you can perform the following: