Creating a profile type
- On Profile types page, click Create profile type button.
The Create a profile type page appears.
- Enter a name for this profile type.
- To change the name that is used in code to refer to this profile type, click Change button and enter a new name.
- If you have more than one user providers, the User providers this profile set is used by radio button appears.
Select one of the following:
- All user providers
- Specific user providers
Select the checkboxes of the providers which this profile type will be associated with.
- Click Create this profile type and go to add fields.
- To add fields to the user profile, under Custom fields, click Add a field…
The fields that you add to the user profile are displayed when you create a user. For example, for the Blogger profile, create a field Nickname.
For more information, about adding custom fields, see Adding custom fields to content items.
- To view the default fields of this profile, expand the Default fields section.
You cannot delete or edit default fields.
- Click Save changes button.
The profile type is created and appears in the list on Profile types.
NOTE: To add as a custom field a classification, after you have created the profile type, you must make the following settings:
- Click Administration » Settings » Advanced.
- In the treeview on the left, click ContentView » Controls.
- Click ProfileType_<name of user profile> » Views » ViewFrontendCreate » Sections » CustomFieldsSection » Fields.
- Click the classification field you want to use and select Bind on server checkbox.
- Click Save changes.