Registering a widget
Sitefinity supports both custom widget and user widget for widget implementation.
To register a widget, perform the following:
- Open your project in Visual Studio.
- In the Solution Explorer, select SitefinityWebApp project.
- In the toolbar of the Solution Explorer, click (Register Toolbox Widget)
The Register a widget wizard appears.
- Click Next.
Visual Studio freezes while it discovers all the available widgets (controls).
A list with the user and custom controls in your solution appears.
- Select the widget you want to register and click Next.
- Specify the following properties of the widget and click Next:
- Toolbox section
This is the section that appears in the page editor’s toolbox.
After the registration is complete you can open your project and create a page.
You can see the section and the widget that you have registered.