Uploading, downloading, and deleting a website template
Uploading a website template
You can upload a website template to your website.
To do this, in the Solution Explorer, open the context menu of the website template folder and click Upload Template.
This uploads the website template to your site, register the master pages as page templates, and register all themes located in the App_Themes folder.
IMPORTANT: All master pages in a single website template must have unique file names.
Downloading a website template
You can download a website template from your website.
- To do this, click Telerik » Sitefinity Thunder » Show Sitefinity Explorer.
- Select your website template under Website Templates.
- Open its context menu and click Download.
A dialog box appears. There you must select in which project in the current solution you want to download the website template.
Deleting a website template
You can delete a website template that is in your website.
- To do this, open Sitefinity Explorer and select your website template under Website Templates.
- Open its context menu and click Delete.
A dialog box appears where you must confirm the deletion.
NOTE: You cannot delete a website template that is currently in use.
A website template is in use in the following cases:
- There is a page that is using a page template based on one of the website template’s master pages.
- There is a page template that is using one of the themes in the website template and that page template is not based on one of the website template’s master pages.