Moving pages without using drag and drop
You move pages up or down or change their parent to change the order, in which they are displayed, in the website navigation without using drag and drop.
Reordering pages on the same hierarchical level
- To move a page up or down, on Pages page, click the Actions link of the respective page.
- Select Up or Down respectively.
The system move the page one position up or down on the same hierarchical level, which the page was initially on.
You can only reorder subpages (children) of one parent page. You cannot move pages across different parent pages using the Up and Down functions.
NOTE: If the page was last in the list of pages on its hierarchical level, you cannot move this page down; if it was first – you cannot move it up.
Moving pages on different hierarchical levels
To move a page on different hierarchical level, you change the parent of the page or you put the page at top level.
- Click the Actions link of the page which you want to move.
- In the dropdown menu click Title & Properties.
The Edit a page page appears.
Perform one of the following:
- If you want to move the page at top level, select At the top level radio button
- If you want to change the parent page of the page, perform the following:
- Select Under parent page… radio button.
- From the treeview that appears, select the new parent page and click Done.
- Click Save changes.
The system moves the page on the respective level, under the selected parent page.