Use this function to insert an image in the text of the text editor.
- Place the cursor where you want the image to appear.
- Click Image Manager in the toolbar or press CTRL+G.
The Select an image window appears where you choose between the following:
- Select images from already uploaded
The system displays recent images.
- In the right side of the window, select the library where the image you want to display is located.
The system displays all images and libraries in this library.
You can display all uploaded images by clicking All images.
For more information, see Uploading and editing images.
- Click the image you want to display.
- Click Done.
- Upload image
- To upload an image, drag and drop it in the window or click Select image from your computer, browse your computer to find the image you want to upload and click Open.
You can select and display only one image.
- In Library, select the library where you want to put the image, by clicking Change.
The tree with all created libraries appears. Select the library and click Done.
NOTE: If you want to store the image in a new library, you must create it. To do this, click Create new library.
- You can change the Title of the image.
- In Alternative text input field, enter text that is used for accessibility reasons and by search engines.
- Change the categories and the tags which the image is assigned to, by clicking Categories and tags.
For more information, see Adding categories and tags to a content item.
- If you have added any custom fields for images, all created fields, appear after the Categories and tags section.
For more information about creating custom fields and hiding default fields, see Custom fields.
NOTE: Some of the above fields may not be displayed when you upload an image, if the view has been modified. To modify the view, click Administration » Settings » Advanced » ContentView » ImagesBackend » Views » SingleImageUploadDetailsView » Sections.
- Click Upload.
- NOTE: If you are using multiple site management and the Libraries module uses data sources from more than one site, you must first choose the source from which you want to display images or where an image, uploaded from your computer, will be saved.
To do this, use the dropdown button in the upper-right corner of the window.
For more information, see Multiple site management.
- To change the selected image, click Change image button and perform Step 2.
- To edit the image, click Edit all properties.
The Edit image window opens. Perform procedure Editing images.
- You can Crop/Resize/Rotate… the selected image.
The Edit image window opens.
- Use the button to crop, resize or rotate by 90 degrees the image.
- When finished editing the image you can save the changes by clicking Save or save the edited image as a new image by clicking Save as and entering a new name.
- Choose how to align the image in the text editor.
- If you want to display the image in size different than its original size, in Image size, select the width to which you want to resize the image.
In the dropdown box, all predefined image sizes appear. For more information, see Thumbnails.
If you select Custom size… you can create a custom thumbnail by performing procedure Thumbnails » Step 4 to Step 10.
- Expand Margin.
Enter in pixels the margins that you want to surround the image when displayed on the site.
- If you want the user to be able to view the image in its original size by clicking it, select the Clicking the resized image opens the image in its original size checkbox.
- When you are finished, click Save.
The Image window closes and the Image widget is configured to display the image you have selected.
NOTE: To delete an already inserted image, in the text editor, click the image and press the DELETE key on your keyboard.