Using the Text Editor, you can insert images, videos, tables and links to documents, and more in the text.
To do this you use the following toolbar function, which is displayed as a button in the toolbar of the text editor:
|Use this function to insert an image in the text of the text editor. |
- Place the cursor where you want the image to appear.
- Click Image Manager in the toolbar or press CTRL+G.
The Insert an image window appears where you choose between the following:
- From your computer
You must choose an image that has not been previously uploaded.
- Click Select…, browse your computer to find the image you want to upload and click Open.
You can select and display only one image.
- In Where to store the uploaded image?, select the library where you want to put the image, by clicking Change.
The tree with all created libraries appears. Select the library and click Done.
- In Alternative text input field, enter text that is used for accessibility reasons and by search engines.
- From already uploaded
You must choose an image that has already been uploaded.
- In the right side of the window, select the library where the image you want to display is located.
The system displays all images and libraries in this library.
You can display all uploaded images by clicking All images.
- Click the image you want to display.
- For more information, see Uploading and editing images.
- If you want to display the image in size different than its original size, in Resizing options, select Resize the image width to… radio button.
- From the dropdown box that appears, select the width to which you want to resize the image.
If you select Custom size… the Width input field appears where you enter the desired width in pixels.
- If you want the user to be able to view the image in its original size by clicking it, select Clicking the resized image opens the image in its original size checkbox.
When the user clicks the image, the system displays it in a separate window.
- When you are finished, click Insert the image.
The Insert an image window closes.
NOTE: To delete an already inserted image, in the text editor, click the image and press the DELETE key on your keyboard.
NOTE: The above toolbar function is displayed in the toolbar of the text editor in basic mode. If you need to insert other objects, click More formatting options button in the upper-right corner of the editor.
For more information, see Additional inserting functions.