Adding categories and tags to a content item
You can add categories and tags to a content item either when creating it or when editing it. You do this by clicking Categories and tags section on the page where you create, upload, or edit a content item.
- In Category section, click Click to add categories link.
A treeview with all existing categories appears.
- You assign your content item to one or more categories by selecting their checkboxes and clicking Done button.
- If you have not still created any categories, or need another category for your content item, perform the following:
- Click Create a category link.
The Create category window appears.
- Enter the name of the category and choose between the following radio buttons:
- No parent
The category you want to create is a top level category.
- Select a parent
The category you want to create is under another category. For example, animals can be the parent category of mammals, and mammals can be the parent category of cats.
A list of existing categories appears. Select the parent category of the new category.
- Click Create this category
The new category you have created automatically appears as a selected category for the content item.
- To add more categories for the content item, click Change and perform Step 1 and Step 2.
- To delete categories assigned to the content item, click (Remove this category).
In Tags section, perform one of the following:
- In the input field that appears, enter a new tag name and click Add.
- Click Select from existing link.
From the list of all existing tags that appears, click the tags with which you want to tag the content item.
To delete a tag assigned to the content item, click (Remove this tag).