Managing subscribers, editing and deleting mailing list
Importing subscribers to a mailing list
- To import subscribers to a mailing list, open the Mailing lists page and perform one of the following:
- Click Import subscribers button in the toolbar.
- Click the Actions link of the mailing list where you want to import subscribers.
From the dropdown list, click Import link.
- The Import subscribers page appears.
- To select the file where to import subscribers from, click Browse and browse your computer to find the file.
The file must have a .csv or a .tsv extension.
- Select the format of the data with subscribers.
You can import subscribers as one of the following:
Map the fields required for a subscriber to the respective columns in the file.
- Comma Separated Values (CSV) file.
Select Comma separated radio button.
- Tab Separated Values (TSV) file.
Select Tab separated radio button.
The fields required for a subscriber are First name, Last name, and Email. For each of these fields there is a dropdown box, containing the available columns. For each of the required fields, select a corresponding column.
If the first row of your file represents the headers, select Skip the first row checkbox.
If you are importing subscribers using the toolbar button, you must select the mailing list where you want to import by clicking Select mailing list button.
If you want the imported subscribers to replace the already existing, if their email addresses match, select Replace existing subscribers which have the same emails as imported subscribers radio button. Otherwise, the system does not import subscribers with emails that already exist.
To export the subscribers of one or more mailing lists, perform the following:
- On Mailing lists page, click More actions button in the toolbar.
- Click Export subscribers.
The Export subscribers window appears.
- Choose what to export, by selecting one of the following:
- All subscribers
All subscribers from all mailing list together with subscribers that do not belong to any mailing list are exported.
- Subscribers from selected mailing lists...
Click Select a mailing list button, select one or more mailing lists, and click Done selecting.
- Subscribers who do not belong to any list
All subscribers that are not assigned to any mailing list are exported.
- If you want to export only once a subscriber who has the same email, select Do not export subscribers with same emails checkbox.
- Choose the format which you want to export to, by selecting one of the following:
- Comma separated
Exports the subscribers in Comma Separated Values (.csv) file.
- Tab separated
Exports the subscribers in Tab Separated Values (.tsv) file.
- Click Export.
Adding a subscriber to a mailing list
- To add a new subscriber to a mailing list, open the Mailing lists page.
- Click the Actions link of the mailing list which you want to add a subscriber to.
- From the dropdown list, click Create new link.
The Create a subscriber page appears.
- Perform procedure Creating a subscriber » Step 3 to Step 5.
NOTE: In Step 4 the mailing list, where the subscriber is added is already selected.
Editing a mailing list
- Go to the Mailing lists page.
- Click the Actions link of the respective list.
From the dropdown list, click Properties.
The Edit mailing lists page appears.
- Perform procedure Creating a mailing list » Step 3 to Step 10.
- When you are finished, click Save changes.
Deleting a mailing list
You can delete a mailing list in the following ways:
On the Mailing lists page, select one or more lists and click Delete button in the toolbar.
On the Mailing lists page, click the Actions link of the respective list.
From the dropdown list, click Delete.
A dialog box appears where you must confirm the deletion.