Displaying, sorting, filtering, and finding videos
The Videos page displays all uploaded videos by all users and from all libraries.
Changing the display mode
To change the view of the videos and the corresponding information, in the toolbar of Videos page, click one of the following:
- Click (Thumbnails view) to view videos and information in boxes.
- Click (List view) to view videos and the information in a grid.
Display videos by libraries
To displaying videos only from a specific library, click the library thumbnail in the right side of Videos page.
NOTE: If you use (List view) button to view videos,for each video, the system displays a link to the library in the grid. If you click the link to the library, the system displays all videos from this library.
For more information, see Managing video libraries.
To display videos, uploaded only by your user, in the right side of Videos page, click My videos link under Filter videos.
You can also filter videos by categories, tags, and status using Other filter options in the right side of Videos page.
To filter videos by the date they were modified, click by Date…
The Display Videos modified in… pane appears.
- When you click a time interval, the system displays all the videos modified during this time interval. The last modified are the first in the list. You can further sort them.
- To display videos modified during some custom period of time, click Custom range… link.
To define a custom filtering interval, use the From and To input fields.
- To go back to all filtering options, click Close dates link.
The system displays all filtering options, but displays the last filtering you have chosen until you choose something else or until you refresh your screen by pressing F5.
You can sort videos using the Sort videos dropdown box in the toolbar of the page.
There are the following sorting options:
- Last uploaded on top
Sorts videos in descending order according to the time of upload.
- Last modified on top
Sorts videos in descending order according to time of modification.
- Custom sorting...
A window appears where you perform the following:
- Select sorting criterion from the dropdown box and choose between Ascending and Descending order in the radio button.
- You can also and add more than one criterion by clicking Add another sorting rule link and you can remove sorting criteria by clicking Remove link.
- When you are finished, click Save.
The system sorts the videos according to the custom sorting.
- To edit a custom sorting that you have created, select Edit custom sorting… from the Sort videos dropdown box.
Searching for videos
To search for a particular video, use the search option.
- Click the Search… button in the toolbar.
A search field opens.
- Enter the name or part of the name of the video you are searching for.
The search field is case insensitive.
- Click Search.
A list of results matching your search appears.
To return to the list of all videos, click Close search button in the toolbar.