Managing video libraries
You display and manage all created libraries on Videos page.
The Videos page displays the number of videos in each library, the date of the last uploaded videos, and where those videos are stored.
Creating a video library
- On Libraries page or on Videos page, click Create a library button in the toolbar.
The Create a library page appears.
- Enter a name for the library.
- To add a description of the library, click Click to add a description.
NOTE: The information you provide here is not public, it is for your reference only.
- You can define the maximum size of the library and of each video in the library by clicking Advanced.
The Max library size and the Max video size input fields appear. There you enter the limit of the size in MB and KB respectively.
- Under URL name, you can change the URL of the library by clicking Advanced.
The automatically generated URL of the library appears.
To change it, click Change and enter a new URL name.
- Under Parent library, choose where to create the library:
Select one of the following:
If in Step 6, you have chosen your library to be a top level library that has no parent, under Root library settings, you can configure the following:
When you are finished, click one of the following:
- No parent
This will be a top level library that has no parent.
- Select parent library…
A treeview with existing libraries appears.
Select the library that will be parent of the library you are creating.
- NOTE: If the library you are creating is located in another library, it has the same settings as its parent. You can only set cache options, storage providers, and resizing options for a root library, located at top level.
- Create this library
The system creates the library and returns you to Videos page or Libraries page, depending on where you have started creating the library.
- Create and add another library
The system saves the library and displays a new Create a library page.
- The Back to link
The system does not save the library you were working on and returns you to Videos page or Libraries page, depending on where you have started creating the library.
Choosing the upload mode of the library You can change the method by which items are uploaded into libraries. Sitefinity supports HTML5 and Silverlight upload.
For more information, see Libraries upload mode.
Editing video libraries
- To edit the library properties, on Videos page click the Actions link of the library you want to edit.
- From the dropdown box, click Edit Properties.
The Edit a library page appears.
- Perform Step 2 to Step 7 of the above procedure.
NOTE: If you are changing the URL of the library, Sitefinity changes the URLs of the items one by one. In case of external storage, changing the library URL may cause data transfer from one storage to another. In case of failure, some of the items might keep their previous URLs and some of the items will have the updated URLs. You can try to resume to get the rest of the items relocated.
- Click Save changes.
The system returns you to Videos page.
Changing the parent library of a video library
Once created, a library can be moved together with all of its content to another library, by changing its parent library. To do this, perform the following:
- Click the Actions link of the library that you want to move and from the dropdown, select Move to…
The Change parent library dialog appears.
- Select the new parent library and click Move.
Moving videos to another storage
You can change the blob storage provider of a library, which moves all items in a different storage. For example, an image library kept in the database can be moved to the cloud, or a library from one cloud account can be moved to another.
To do this, perform the following:
- Click the Actions link of the library whose items you want to move and from the dropdown, select Move to another storage.
- In the Blob storage provider dropdown box all available storage providers appear.
Select where you want to move the items from the library and click Move to another storage.
Sitefinity processes the library items one by one and displays a progress indicator in the grid. You can stop and resume the operation.
NOTE: In case of failure before the operation is completed, some of the library items may remain in the target storage, while the rest will stay in the source storage. You can try to resume the operation.
IMPORTANT: During the process of moving to another storage, you are not able to edit or delete the library items.
For more information, see Storage providers for libraries.
Deleting video libraries
To delete a library, perform one of the following:
- On Videos page, select one or more libraries you want to delete and click Delete button in the toolbar.
- On Videos page, click the Actions link of the library you want to delete and then click Delete.
- On Edit a library page, click More actions » Delete.
A dialog box appears where you must confirm the deletion.