Configuring the Image widget
Use this widget to display a single image on your page. You can choose an image from the already uploaded or upload a new image.
After you have dragged the Image widget on your page you must configure it to display an image.
- To do this, click Edit button in the upper-right corner of the widget.
The Select an image window appears.
- If you are using multiple site management and the Libraries module uses data sources from more than one site, you must first choose the source from which you want to display images or where an image uploaded from your computer will be saved.
To do this, use the Default source dropdown button in the upper-right corner of the window.
For more information, see Multiple site management.
- Choose between the following:
To change the selected image, click Change image button and perform Step 1.
To edit the image, click Crop/Resize/Rotate…
- From your computer
- To upload an image, click Select…, browse your computer to find the image you want to upload and click Open.
You can select and display only one image.
- In Where to store the uploaded image? dropdown box, select the library where you want to put the image.
NOTE: If you want to store the image in a new library, you must create it. To do this, click Create new library link.
- Click Upload.
- In Alternative text input field, enter text that is used for accessibility reasons and by search engines.
- From already uploaded
- In the left side of the window, select the library where the image you want to display is located.
The system displays all images in this library.
You can display all uploaded images by clicking All items.
For more information, see Uploading and editing images.
- Click the image you want to display.
- Click Done.
The Edit image window opens.
You can change the Title of the image.
In Alternative text input field, enter text that is used for accessibility reasons and by search engines.
If you want to display the image in size different than its original size, in Image Size, select the width to which you want to resize the image.
- Use the button to crop, resize or rotate by 90 degrees the image.
- When finished editing the image you can save the changes by clicking Save or save the edited image as a new image by clicking Save as and entering a new name.
If you select Custom size… the Width input field appears where you enter the desired width in pixels.
If you want the user to be able to view the image in its original size by clicking it, select the Clicking the resized image opens the image in its original size checkbox.
When you are finished, click Save.
The Select an image window closes and the Image widget is configured to display the image you have selected.
NOTE: If your site is multilingual and the page you are editing is synchronized with another translation, when you edit the widget, the Save to all translations button appears. If you click it, the current widget configuration will be saved to all translations, else, if you click Save, the widget configuration is saves only to the current translation, but the pages are still synchronized. If your pages are synchronized, you can have different widget configurations, but you cannot have different widgets.
For more information about advanced configuration options, see Advanced configuration of widgets.