Configuring the Video widget
Use this widget to display a single video on your page. You can choose a video from the already uploaded or upload a new video.
After you have dragged the Video widget on your page you must configure it to display a video.
- To do this, click Edit button in the upper-right corner of the widget.
The Insert a video window appears.
- If you are using multiple site management and the Libraries module uses data sources from more than one site, you must first choose the source from which you want to display videos or where a video uploaded from your computer will be saved.
To do this, use the Default source dropdown button in the upper-right corner of the window.
For more information, see Multiple site management.
- Choose between the following:
When you are finished, click Save.
- From your computer
- To upload a video, click Select…, browse your computer to find the video you want to upload and click Open.
You can select and display only one video.
- In Where to store the uploaded video?, select the library where you want to put the video, by clicking Change.
The tree with all created libraries appears. Select the library and click Done.
NOTE: If you want to store the video in a new library, you must create it. To do this, click Create a new library link.
- From already uploaded
- In the right side of the window, select the library where the video you want to display is located.
The system displays all videos and libraries in this library.
You can display all uploaded videos by clicking All items.
- Click the video you want to display.
- For more information, see Uploading and editing videos.
The Insert a video window closes and the Video widget is configured to display the video you have selected.
NOTE: If your site is multilingual and the page you are editing is synchronized with another translation, when you edit the widget, the Save to all translations button appears. If you click it, the current widget configuration will be saved to all translations, else, if you click Save, the widget configuration is saves only to the current translation, but the pages are still synchronized. If your pages are synchronized, you can have different widget configurations, but you cannot have different widgets.
For more information about advanced configuration options, see Advanced configuration of widgets.