Configuring the Language selector widget
Use the Language selector widget if you use multiple languages for your website. The widget allows the user to switch between the different language versions of a page.
PREREQUISITES: You are in multilingual mode. For more information, see Languages.
After you have dragged the Language selector widget on your page you must configure it to display language links.
- To do this, click Edit button in the upper-right corner of the widget.
The Language selector window appears.
- In the Display language selector as… radio button group, choose how to display the links to different languages, by selecting one of the following:
- Horizontal list
Displays the language links one next to the other.
- Vertical list
Displays the language links one under another.
- Drop-down menu
Displays the language links in a dropdown box.
- If you want the current language to be also included in the list of links, select the Include the current language in the selector checkbox.
- In What to do with languages without translations? radio button group, choose how the widget behaves when there is an added language, for which the page has no translation.
Select one of the following:
- Hide the link to the missing translation
The system displays only links to existing translations.
- Redirect to home page of language for missing translation
The system displays links to all added languages, but for the languages for which there is no translation, the system redirects to the homepage of the respective language.
- For more information about language translations, see Create a language translation of a page.
- When you are finished, click Save.
The system saves the setting and closes the editing mode of the Language selector widget.
For more information about advanced configuration options, see Advanced configuration of widgets.