Configuring the Shopping Cart and Checkout Pages
Like most public pages in Sitefinity, the shopping cart and checkout widgets are handled by adding the respective public widgets to a page.
The Shopping Cart Widget is the main widget used to display the full summary of a user's cart on a dedicated Shopping Cart page. There is also a shopping cart Summary widget, which is used to display a "running total" of the cart, and can be made visible on every page if desired.
The Checkout widget allows a user to select payment and shipping options, and complete the purchase of products from your store.
Step by Step
Shopping Cart and Checkout Pages
- Create a new Checkout page to hold the Checkout Widget by following the procedure: Creating a New Page
- Create a new Shopping Cart page to hold the Shopping Cart Widget
- Add the Shopping Cart widget to the Shopping Cart by following the procedure: Adding Widgets to your Page
- Configure the Shopping Cart Widget by following the procedure: Configuring the Shopping Cart Widget
- Add the Checkout Widget to the Checkout Page
- Configure the Checkout Widget by following the procedure: Configuring the Checkout Widget
Displaying a Checkout Summary
- Create the Shopping Cart and Checkout pages by following the procedures above
- Add the Checkout Summary Widget to a page or to the Page Template to show it on all pages using that template
- Configure the Checkout Summary Widget by following the procedure: Configuring the Shopping Cart Summary Widget