Create your first forum
After you have created and setup your project, you can start creating the pages of your website. The best way to create forum section and display forums, threads and posts on your website is to use the Forums module to create the forums, create a page, use the Forums widget to configure the forum navigation and display, and publish the page.
- In the main menu, click Content » Forums.
- Perform procedure Creating a forum to create one or more forums.
In Step 4, you can create forum groups, using procedure Creating a forum group.
Create one forum group named Sales and another group named Support. The first will group forums related to sales and the other one – related to support issues.
- In each of the forums, create couple of forum threads using procedure Creating a thread.
- In the main menu, click Pages.
- Create a new page by following procedure Creating a new page.
Use this procedure to create two pages – one named Forum and the other – User profile.
- To display the forums, you must add the Forums widget to Forum page and the Profile widget to User profile page.
To do this follow procedure Adding widgets on your page.
- Configure the way forums will be displayed by following procedure Configuring the Forums widget with the following parameters:
- In Step 3, choose Full forum functionality.
- In Step 3b, choose the User profile page.
- In Step 3c, select Show breadcrumb checkbox.
- Publish the page.
- To view the forum section, click