SITEFINITY 7.1. RELEASE NOTES
This release addresses 24 issues from the Feedback Portal (FP), with a total of 330 votes. Included are some of the most popular requests for Recycle Bin, Content Items Duplication, Custom Page Templates, etc.
- Pages cache optimizations
- Libraries service performance fixes
- Reduced DB queries in Pages Backend
- Enabled data caching (L2 Cache) for NLB scenarios.
Enterprise license only
(Documentation), (FP, FP, FP)
Audit log creates a record for actions performed in Sitefinity backend such as log in, log out, content and pages creation, modification, deletion, etc. The collected data allows administrators to investigate content incidents promptly, and to take notice in cases of unauthorized access.
Recycle Bin stores deleted items for a period of time, thus allowing for the easy recovery in case of accidental deletion.
- Pages, Dynamic Content Types, News, Events, Blog posts, Images, Videos, and Documents are sent to Recycle Bin upon deletion
- Right after moving an item to the Recycle Bin you are presented with the option to undo your operation for several seconds
- In Dashboard>Recycle Bin users can preview, restore, or permanently delete stored items
- In Basic Settings>Global settings>Recycle Bin, administrators can enable/disable Recycle Bin, and set the period for which deleted items are stored in the bin
Users creating content can easily duplicate existing items thus reusing content which is already in place.
Duplicate option under the Actions menu of content item is available for: Events, News Items, List items, Blog posts, Dynamic Content Items, and Shared Content Blocks.
XML Sitemap generator
(Documentation, how to include content and pages in sitemap), (FP)
Sitemap generator creates an XML file containing the URLs for a Sitefinity site along with info on when they were last updated, how often they change, and how important they are, relative to other URLs. The sitemap is used by search engines crawling the site.
- XML Sitemap settings and generation can be done in section Settings> Sitemap
Multiple Child Types in Module Builder
(Documentation, Video Overview) (FP)
This implementation removes the current restriction where one child content type can exist on a given level in Module Builder.
- In Module builder, users can add more than one child content type under a parent content type
- In Page Toolbox, a new section is added for each module, and a new widget is added for each content type
- Widgets of child content types, can be filtered by parent item
- Page Templates: Added option to upload custom thumbnails per template (FP)
- Images, Videos, Documents: Added CDN support (documentation)
- Error Logging: Added option to use external logging framework (FP)
- Ecommerce: Added option to relate to products via Custom Fields
- Forms Widget: Added Ajax postbacks support upon form submission
- Related Data: Added "Simple link" front end widget for displaying related media items
- Authentication: Added
support for authentication with external STS, thus allows the presence
of authenticated users that are not part of the Sitefinity membership provider
- Eventhub: Added
- Blogs: Loading of the back-end blogs grid is slow when there are many blog posts assigned to a single blog
- Comments: Extended event handling for comments with rating
- Events: Error message for event end date earlier than start date causes disorder of UI elements
- Share preview link: doesn’t is working on sub folder sites
- Rad editor: Border option screen for tables is not rendered properly
- Multilingual: Missing redirecting pages after upgrade of multilingual site with split pages (FP)
Images, Videos, Documents
- Additional urls for images and documents do not redirect to the default one
- Moving documents from one library to another causes a specific role to lose permissions (FP)
- Multilingual: The translation commands for an image are removed when the image does not have translation in the current language
- Multilingual: Fixed upgrade of page localization strategy migration
- Navigation: Changing the back-end language does not affect the main navigation menu
- Content block: Hyperlink manager does not work for users other than administrators when working in Multisite and Multilingual environment
- Document link: Problem in the properties dialog of, if the document is unpublished
- Documents: Edited document title is not updated in the widget
- Image: Listing Categories and tags is adding stroller and the dialog is not looking good
- Control property ID in not preserved after “Save” in multilingual pages
- A JSONResult Action returns json data and some html markup (FP)
- Using BeginForm helper method breaks the other MVC widgets on the page (FP)
- MVC context does not copy ApplicationInstance and Cookies (FP)
- Using RedirectPermanent in MVC widget results in "Object moved to here" message (FP)
- Helper methods which are defined in razor views (in App_Code folder) do not work properly
- HttpContext.CurrentHandler is null inside a MVC action (FP)
- The actual type of the properties of a MVC controller is retained during serialization
- If you have a layout control with 1 column (100%) you cannot hide it with responsive design (FP)
- Not able to create Responsive design rule in multisite and multilingual scenario
- "No group of rules are applied" Page setting is not working properly
- "Only selected group of rules are applied" Page setting is not working properly in multisite and multilingual scenario
- Locked items can be open for edit by other user through related data field
- Filtering by URL in front-end, doesn't work with provider different than the default
- Exception is thrown when libraries module is deactivated and user opens a blog or a page containing related media image field
- Exception is thrown in the front-end if there is related news field and News module is deactivated
- Author is able to edit items that don’t belong to him via the related data selector
- Added Code reference for Related data/media fields
- RelatedMediaAndData: The fields are visible in custom user profile
- Accounts without an email will no longer prevent the rest of the subscribers from receiving the notification
- Fixed the sorting of the form field controls when sending email notifications. The message templates are no more locked and all changes are removed after clicking "Back to message templates"
- Locked template and not discarded content after Back to message templates button clicked
- Bounce messages statistics is not properly calculated when there are large amount of bounce messages
- Export of subscribers is not working properly when there are large number of subscribers in the system
- Multisite synchronization issues for deleted items coming from monolingual sites when others are multilingual
- Incorrect prefix for migrated taxonomies in multisite migration
- Product migration fails if more than 2 items are migrated
- Cannot sync an attribute which is applied to specific product type
- In pending items dialog only items from the default provider are filtered by taxonomy
- Fixed creating two Default Calendars after migration
- Pending Items Dialog Selective sync throws an exception randomly
- Marketo: Calls for jQuery and JSON2 are no longer made in the front-end pages if they are already loaded.
- Sharepoint: Cannot create mapping for SharePoint list, which name contain only Cyrillic letters
- Sharepoint: SharePoint Error messages for duplicate items for documents is not shown
- Sharepoint: Added validation to Connector for SharePoint when synchronizing dynamic module types. You can no longer select or synchronize a non-root level type
- BaaS: 'View data in the cloud' and 'Details' links are broken
- Dashboard: Awaiting approval filter is not showing items
- Dashboard: Status filtering is not working properly
- Search: Not working after trimming the search query (FP)
Changing the identifier to a another field of a custom module, results in empty results when searching for the old field (FP)
- Users: Created and user creating events not firing properly
- Inline Editing: Publishing content in IE causes js error “Unable to get property 'prop' of undefined or null reference”
- Address Field: Values are not persisted when you create dynamic item with address field
- Forms: Issue preventing the user from editing the root level permissions for Forms
- Choice field: Creating a choice field throws error when a choice value has "<" symbol in it
- Dynamic Module: Old media field cannot be deleted
- Search: Changing the identifier to a another field of a custom module, results in empty results when searching for the old field
- Search: Documents appear in all site search indexes when working in Multisite mode
- Ecommerce: Purchased downloads cannot be downloaded when file is replaced
- Migration module: Migrate custom Default URLs as Custom URLs (FP)
- Multilingual: Language of Sitefinity Backend is mixed up in Advanced Settings (FP)
- Multilingual: Hyperlink manager of the content block in Multisite environment when having a Multilingual site does not work for non admins (FP)
- Recycle Bin is not supported for: Page templates, Users, Classifications, Forums, Forms, Lists, Content Blocks, Ecommerce, Media libraries, and Blogs.
- In Multilingual Mode, recycle bin is supported upon deletion of the whole content item.
- Migration module does not support the Recycle bin. Any items already migrated and moved to the Recycle bin are not migrated again if a repeat migration is executed.
- Site Sync: Page template thumbnails sync is not supported yet.
- Audit: Long text property values (e.g.
Content) are kept fully in the index (not truncated in any way).
- When page template is duplicated its thumbnail is not duplicated.
- Cross-site duplicate page: Duplicate page restriction is missing when language translation does not exist on both sites.
Sitefinity Skin for ASP.NET AJAX Controls Depreciated
Sitefinity skin will be deprecated in Sitefinity 7.2 and onwards. All Telerik UI controls for ASP.NET AJAX that are part of Sitefinity will render with their default theme instead of the Sitefinity skin.
This means that if you use Sitefinity-skinned ASP.NET AJAX controls in Sitefinity v7.1 they will still work. However, newer Sitefinity versions (7.2 or later) will not support the Sitefinity skin. We recommend that you check any custom front- and/or back-end widgets that might use the Sitefinity skin and switch their skin to the default or another supported theme. This also applies to any custom modules (e.g. custom content modules, custom intra-site modules etc).
IPropertyChangeDataEvent.ChangedPropertyNames changed to
ChangedProperties of type
- Some of the
IFormEntryEventControl properties are moved up the hierarchy into the newly introduced
IFormEntryEventControlBase base interface, which is shared with the new
IFormEntryValidationEventControl interfaces. This changes are source compatible, but as they are binary incompatible, a rebuild is required.
- Some of the
ILoginCompletedEvent properties are moved up the hierarchy into the newly introduced
ILoginEventBase base interface, which is shared with the new
ILogoutCompletedEvent interfaces. This changes are source compatible, but as they are binary incompatible, a rebuild is required.
Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Data.RequiredLocalizablePropertyAttribute class is removed. It was duplicated and the deleted one was not used anywhere.
- GetChildItemsHierarchy(DynamicContent item, Type childType = null) is changed to GetChildItemsHierarchy(DynamicContent item, IEnumerable<Type> childTypes = null). The method now accepts a list of child types instead of a single child type as parameter.
- IQueryable<DynamicContent> GetChildItems(DynamicContent item, Type childType = null) method now returns query with child items of all statuses. Previously it returned child items with live status if the parent item is live and master otherwise.
IContentLinksManagerProxy GetManager() method is removed since it wasn’t used anywhere. Use ContentLinksManager.GetManager() instead.
- Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicModules.Builder.Web.Services.IContentTypeService: In SaveContentType and SaveContentTypeInXml endpoints, parameter “bool removeToolboxItem” is removed.
- PagesApprovalWorkflow.xamlx, AnyContentApprovalWorkflow.xamlx and AnyMediaContentApprovalWorkflow.xamlx changes - all execute code activities with deletion logic were changed to use the already built in Sitefinity delete decision activity for one and two level approval workflows.
- Changes in the serialization of controller's properties
With the current release the actual type of the properties of a Controller is retained during serialization. Prior to this change, the properties of a controller were always serialized as a string. This change is part of the effort for the alignment of the functionality available for WebForms and MVC since the data is serialized with keeping the actual type of a property for web forms widgets and we wanted to keep the same notation for MVC widgets. This way it is easier to port designers from one widget to another or reuse code with both approaches.
Ability to specify whether a MVC controller should be associated with certain <form> tag
New overloads of the Html.BeginFormSitefinity helper method introduce the ability to specify whether the controller should be associated with the generated form tag. The controller is associated with a <form> tag by appending the controller Id to the query string of the form action url. This functionality is useful in case there exist two different MVC widgets that have action methods with the same signature, the two MVC widgets are placed on the same page and one would like to invoke only the action of one of the widgets. Prior to the current change, the Html.BeginFormSitefinity helper method had always associated the controller with the generated <form> tag (this was introduced in the 7.0 release), but as clients reported this is not optimal. With the current release of Sitefinity, the Html.BeginFormSitefinity helper method does not associate the controller with the <form> tag by default anymore and instead, one should use the newly introduced overloads of the helper method.