More in this section
Forums / 3.x Pre-release forums (retired) / Configuration Error

Configuration Error

The forums are in read-only mode. In case that you want to directly contact the Progress Sitefinity team use the support center. In our Google Plus group you can find more than one thousand Sitefinity developers discussing different topics. For the Stack Overflow threads don’t forget to use the “Sitefinity” tag.
2 posts, 0 answered
  1. Paul Berger
    Paul Berger avatar
    61 posts
    03 Apr 2006
    23 Oct 2006
    Link to this post
    Hi

I am trying to set up a v3.0 Beta using SQL server 2005. I get the following Issue. Please note i had version 3.0 alpha installed already.

Server Error in '/telerik/Sitefinity3.0' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Telerik.Utilities.TextFileWebEventProvider' from assembly 'Telerik.Framework'.

Source Error:

Line 103:			</eventMappings>
    Line 104: <providers>
    Line 105: <add name="Simple Web Event Provider" type="Telerik.Utilities.TextFileWebEventProvider,Telerik.Framework" logFileName="~/App_Data/sitefinity.log"/>
    Line 106: <add name="Simple Web Buffered Event Provider" type="Telerik.Utilities.BufferedTextFileWebEventProvider,Telerik.Framework" bufferMode="Notification" logFileName="~/App_Data/sitefinity.log"/>
    Line 107: </providers>

Source File: C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity3.0\web.config    Line: 105

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

2. Paul Berger
    Paul Berger avatar
    61 posts
    03 Apr 2006
    24 Oct 2006
    Link to this post
    I resolved the Issue by removing Sitefinity folder from Program Files and removing the Virtual Directory.

I then reinstalled 3.0 beta.
2 posts, 0 answered