More in this section
Forums / Bugs & Issues / 404 Returned Immediately after Login

404 Returned Immediately after Login

The forums are in read-only mode. In case that you want to directly contact the Progress Sitefinity team use the support center. In our Google Plus group you can find more than one thousand Sitefinity developers discussing different topics. For the Stack Overflow threads don’t forget to use the “Sitefinity” tag.
1 posts, 0 answered
  1. Jacques
    Jacques avatar
    427 posts
    28 Jun 2007
    13 Oct 2016
    Link to this post

We have a project running on Sitefinity 7.1, which we've been running for years (since 4.x) and haven't had this issue before. 

Recently I upgraded to Windows 10, configured IIS to have all the right Handlers etc. as per Progress's recommendations and I get to the point where the site runs successfully. 

The problem is on the backend. When I browse to /sitefinity it correctly redirects me to http://dev.customer.com/Sitefinity/Login?ReturnUrl=/sitefinity (note: dev.customer.com is based on an entry in my hosts file). 
    I enter my credentials and click login after which it redirects me back to /sitefinity and throws a 404 error

If however I manually add /Pages behind /Sitefinity, it correctly displays the pages backend page. I can edit and publish/save pages, news items and blogs, etc. So the problem seems specifically related to the /Sitefinity page. If I manually add a '/' behind /Sitefinity it correctly redirects me to the dashboard page. 

The only thing I can think of is that one of my rewrite rules are causing this issue. Here are my rules: 

<rewrite>
      <rules>
        <rule name="LowerCaseRule1" stopProcessing="true">
          <match url="^(Sitefinity/)" ignoreCase="true" negate="true"/>
          <conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll" trackAllCaptures="false">
            <add input="{URL}" pattern="[A-Z]" ignoreCase="false"/>
            <add input="{URL}" pattern="\.axd" negate="true"/>
            <add input="{URL}" pattern="\.xamlx" negate="true"/>
            <add input="{URL}" pattern="\.ashx" negate="true"/>
            <add input="{URL}" pattern="\.asmx" negate="true"/>
            <add input="{URL}" pattern="\.xap" negate="true"/>
            <add input="{URL}" pattern="bundles" negate="true"/>
            <add input="{URL}" pattern="/App_Themes" negate="true"/>
            <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" pattern="SFRes" negate="true"/>
            <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" pattern="RestApi" negate="true"/>
          </conditions>
          <action type="Redirect" url="{ToLower:{URL}}" redirectType="Permanent"/>
        </rule>
        <rule name="RemoveTrailingSlashRule1" stopProcessing="true">
          <match url="(.*)/$"/>
          <conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll" trackAllCaptures="false">
            <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsDirectory" negate="true"/>
            <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" negate="true"/>
            <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" pattern="(.*?)\.svc$" negate="true"/>
            <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" pattern="bundles" negate="true"/>
          </conditions>
          <action type="Redirect" url="{R:1}"/>
        </rule>
      </rules>
    </rewrite>

Final note: On our production server this issue doesn't exist , which is Windows Server 2012 Standard/IIS 8.0

Any help would be appreciated 

1 posts, 0 answered