More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Changed back-end language and bombed the webapp

Changed back-end language and bombed the webapp

3 posts, 1 answered
  1. SungamRammah
    SungamRammah avatar
    10 posts
    Registered:
    24 Jul 2007
    01 Jul 2011
    Link to this post
    Curiosity killed the WebApp

    I added Swedish as a back-end language (in settings) , thinking that i could play with translation. This totally bombed the webapplication. It feels a bit harsh to me as an "end user" as there is no way to fix it, because the backend doesn't work anymore.

    Best Regards, Magnus

    Ps. This isn't a showstopper for me, I will keep using the English back-end. I was just curious.
  2. Boyan Barnev
    Boyan Barnev avatar
    1429 posts
    Registered:
    30 Oct 2017
    05 Jul 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Sungamrammah,

    I'm sorry to hear about the experience you've had with using multilingual mode, can you, please, share with us some more details on the exact steps you have taken to reproduce this issue, and the current behavior that your site is experiencing (a screenshot of the settings and the results would be useful as well). I have tried both scenarios of adding Swedish botha s directories and as separate domains and the site worked fine in both cases, could it be that there's some additional steps that you have taken? In the meantime to revert the changes you can go to your Sitefinity project's folder and navigate to App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/ResourcesConfig.config file and remove the localization settings related to the second language. Save the changes and restart the application, and this should revert the changes you have made. If the problems persist, please do not hesitate to get back to me, I'll be glad to assist you further.

    All the best,
    Boyan Barnev
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
    Answered
  3. SungamRammah
    SungamRammah avatar
    10 posts
    Registered:
    24 Jul 2007
    05 Jul 2011
    Link to this post
    I think this might be related to my other post and I have marked them both as solved Translations Syncked etc...

    I have installed the webApp three times now, with different variations, and I can't replicate my own problem. I was playing around with the system, trying to abuse it in every way I could (I'm just doing trials and trying to learn the inns, outs and limits), perhaps I am overlooking something else i did.

    Slightly embarrassing is also that I didn't save the faulty project for inspection, but as I can't replicate it, well.. I probably did something stupid, let's leave it at that :)

    /Magnus
3 posts, 1 answered