Click on "Pages", get 404 error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:52

Click on "Pages", get 404 error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Feb-2015 00:00

I look into the back end, click on "Pages" and I get an alert that says "IIS 8.5 Detailed Error - 404.0 - Not Found"

I get this in a lot of places in the back end. In fact, I get it in more places than not. 

I have no idea where to begin troubleshooting this. Any help is is much appreciated!

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2015 00:00

The problem seems to be that all of the xamlx and svc handler mappings get wiped out each time I either post a new build or restart the server (we're not sure which one is causing it at this point). I make the changes via the IIS Admin but for whatever reason they get wiped out. I just posted another build, it was broken as I expected, added the handlers again, then did a diff between that web.config file and the web.config before I re-added the handlers. They are identical. So I don't know why the IIS admin changes aren't stick, or where they should stick.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi Edward,

Would you please check once again the settings of the IIS server as per that article.

You can check also the Run projects on IIS 7.0 and above and ensure if all the settings are correct.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2015 00:00

For whatever reason, the script mappings and file handler settings would disappear after the first initial 3 reboots of the server, but hasn't since. I have no idea why. Luckily, it has been working.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi Edward,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad to see that the issue is now fixed.

Please do not hesitate to get back to us if any problems persist, we'll be glad to assist you further.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed