I am enhancing an existing SF website where I need to query properties for the user in active directory. Locally I installed AD LDS (ADAM) and am able to successfully connect and query the directory with C# in a console application. I put the information into the LDAP Settings for SF, and I'm not able to retrieve the users in the Users screen (LDAP). In the logs I see a The supplied credential is invalid error, but I am using the same credentials as in the C# console app. The LDAP membership provider is also enabled. I am wondering if the credential error may be misleading. I have tried the domain as localhost or the computer name, I am thinking this may be my issue as there is no clear "domain" for AD LDS. Hopefully someone has successfully connected the two before.
The site was previously setup for LDAP, I am just trying to redirect it to my local one.