More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Lolac installation problem

Lolac installation problem

7 posts, 0 answered
  1. and25g
    and25g avatar
    5 posts
    Registered:
    18 Oct 2006
    06 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    When I try to copy the project to www/inetpub folder on Windows 7 with IIS 7.5 I get the following error:

    Error Summary

    HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

    The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

    Detailed Error Information
    Module IIS Web Core
    Notification BeginRequest
    Handler Not yet determined
    Error Code 0x80070021
    Config Error This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".
    Config File \\?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ghggroup\web.config
    Requested URL http://localhost:80/Default.aspx
    Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ghggroup\Default.aspx
    Logon Method Not yet determined
    Logon User Not yet determined
    Config Source
      189:     </modules>
      190:     <handlers>
      191:       <remove name="WebDAV" />
    

    I tried setting it up as a web application and a website. Checked for permissions on the folders and it looks good.

    Could you let me know what the possible cause for this problem is?

    Thank you
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    Registered:
    12 Sep 2017
    07 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi and25g,

    Have you tied to follow the suggestion that is shown in Config Error? It looks like that you are not allowed to make some changes to the webdav handler, since there is a parent config that  is overriding your changes.

    Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

  3. and25g
    and25g avatar
    5 posts
    Registered:
    18 Oct 2006
    08 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    This is what is strange. There is no parent config. And this is the only active website.

    Sitefinity installation works on the same machine. But when I copy the project forlder to inetpub/wwwroot I get this error with IIS.

    I was able to create Sitefinity website on our webserver (win server 2008) without any issues using the same approach. My local box is a windows 7 machine. I think this is the only difference.

    Thank you for you help
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    Registered:
    12 Sep 2017
    11 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi and25g,

    The issue looks like related to the infrastructure. There is some setting which does not allow you to remove/disable the WebDav from the web.config of the project. What you can try is disabling the WebDav from Windows Features and directly from the IIS sever for the Sitefinity application.

    Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

  5. and25g
    and25g avatar
    5 posts
    Registered:
    18 Oct 2006
    19 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    WebDAV was not even enabled in Windows Features. I added it and tried desabling from both IIS and Windows Features.

    It still gives me the same error.

    I tried many other things as well. But nothing seems to work. Any other suggestions?

    Thank you very much
  6. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    Registered:
    12 Sep 2017
    21 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi and25g,


    This is what the error says

    "This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level."

    and this happens when Sitefinity's web.config tries to disable the module. I do not see what else could be the problem then some restriction form the IIS that does not allow this change by child applications.

    Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

  7. OC
    OC avatar
    129 posts
    Registered:
    17 Nov 2004
    13 Jul 2011
    Link to this post

    I had the same problem and it was all because I hadn't authorised  ASP.NET in the windows features in control panel -> "Turn Windows Features on and off".

    Try this first!


    OC

7 posts, 0 answered