22 Jun 2011
08 Jul 2011
Link to this post
I started from scratch just to make sure.
1. Create New Project with new Database.
2. Create New Storage provider via Administration > Settings > Advanced > Providers > Create New > StorageProviderSettings and Restart project
3. Give New provider unique "applicationName" parameter
4. I uploaded two documents into each new provider after creating a new library within each provider.
5. Create two new Roles
6. Edit Permissions of first Role
7. Change Module Provider dropdown to new provider.
8. Edit Document and DocumentLibrary permissions to allow for view, create, Modify library and manage documents etc.
This threw the error for me right away.
Also edit the permissions by section of Libraries and edit the same Modify library and manage documents for the new provider and it starts to through the error.
After playing with this for a while I started to get the error when bouncing between editing permissions of the libraires section, or by role. Almost like they are conflicting with each other.
Also another anomaly I encountered was after changing the Libraries permissions for the new provider under Permissions > By Section > Libraries, and then switching to the Content > Documents & Files > Switch to New Provider > Manage Libraries > edit permissions of a library - you cannot break the inheritance because is throws the same error.
Sometimes you can click through the error and it seems to have an effect, but it starts to act buggy.