More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / No root node with the name of "FrontendSiteMap"

No root node with the name of "FrontendSiteMap"

2 posts, 0 answered
  1. Markus
    Markus avatar
    2763 posts
    Registered:
    25 Nov 2005
    19 May 2011
    Link to this post
    Well on thing is fore sure developing or better simply working with SF 4.x is never dull.

    I get this error now and can not enter there front or back-end.

    HELP any idea. No I don't think I have done enything special. I did NOT move anything into productions. It simply STOPPED working.

    And I really start not to care weather Telerik can reproduce it or not. More then one is having this problem and even Gabe seemed to have run into it.

    I have a NOT working Site now. Still in development but I am convinced at the moment this can happen to any site any time.

    If no better anwser then

    Have you change DB name or SQL Connection here then I must open a ticket - Sure hope Telerik will then treat it urgently. So much time is lost with SF at the moment.

    Markus

    I did read
    http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/error-invalid-root-node-configured-for-pages-no-root-node-with-the-name-of-frontendsitemap.aspx

    and

    http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/error-invalid-root-node-configured-for-pages-no-root-node-with-the-name-of-quot-frontendsitemap-quot.aspx
  2. Markus
    Markus avatar
    2763 posts
    Registered:
    25 Nov 2005
    19 May 2011
    Link to this post

    I renamed my local App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\ProjectConfig.config

    to ProjectConfig_old.config

    Downloaded my App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\ProjectConfig.config from the server and compared it. And yes the Project name was GONE. Simply empty.

    I put my project name back in and uploaded the file, restarted the server and the site was back on!

    So this fixed it!

    ----------------------------------

    BUT - I tell you it was no move to production, no changes - unbelivable as it might sound - this just happened.

    So Telerik - do me and others a favoir and think about what, when, were the ProjectConfig.config filecould have been changed online in a production envirement!!

    Again.
    - Local file had the string. So it could not be an FTP Upload error
    - No move to production
    - No changes in SQL DB

    Just simply an EMPTY !

    And please go further then just: we can not reproduce it!

    Maybe this will help: I see that the following files have all been changed at the same time on the server.

    SystemConfig.config
    SecurityConfig.config
    PagesConfig.config
    DataConfig.config

    I did not check this but I would assume that the ProjectConfig.config was changed around the same time.

    So something updated these 5 files at the exact same time.
    Markus
2 posts, 0 answered