We are using Sitefinity 8.2.5900
We have since overridden the error using the Global.asax file, and are unable to generate it again without rolling back the site, but the error was this:
This type of page is not served.
Description: The type of page you have requested is not served because it has been explicitly forbidden. Please review the URL below and make sure that it is spelled correctly.
This occurs when:
- an administrator goes into a "Set Permissions" screen for any page or content
- clicks "Break Inheritance" at the top
- clicks on "View this page and its child pages"
- changes the selection from "Everyone" to another role, say Paying Member, using the "Selected roles or users (plus administrator)" button.
- After saving this, Paying Members will have access to this page or content item, but the administrator is specifically denied access, receiving the above error
- The only way to resolve this is to manually assign the Administrator to all other roles in the system (such as Paying Member, etc). Only then will they be able to see items that have been restricted to certain roles.
I believe the bug lies in the "Selected users (plus administrator)" functionality, whereby the selected user is indeed given access, but the administrator is automatically denied instead of automatically included.