Pages in backend throws "404" error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:04

Pages in backend throws "404" error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi,

I moved a website from Server A to Server B.
The front-end looks fine and the pages are loaded good. However when I login in Sitefinity, go to Pages to edit or create a page, it throws the following error (see screenshot).

Any ideas what it might be or how I can solve this?

Manually navigating to ~/Sitefinity/Services/Pages/PagesService.svc throws a 404 as well, even though the files are there.

Hi,

Did you checked your log files to see if there is any exception? I suppose you moved the site, database and all the config files?

Best,
Daniel

Yes, I moved everything.

No, there are no exceptions in the log file (located at ~/App_Data\Sitefinity\Logs).

---

I think it has to do with my IIS settings.

Did you installed WCF on your new server?

Check this doc to see if you configured it right: docs.sitefinity.com/configure-the-iis-to-host-sitefinity-projects

Best,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi ConsumentenClaim,

Daniel has made a good point on his last reply. I would also like to kindly suggest you to verify that the new hosting environment is properly setup as per our documentation

Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed