The problem could be caused by two things:
1. An upgrade that has not passed and the system is not able to the template of the control
2. Custom filed that has been added to the basic user profile
If the problem is coming from an upgrade my suggestion is to follow the steps below:
1. Open your project in Visual Studio
2. Go to App_Data -> Sitefinity -> Configurations -> SystemConfig.config
3. Change the build from: build="4300" (or the one that you are using) to build="4000"
4. Save the file
5. Build your project and make a dummy change in your web.config file and save it.
6. Run your project
Please backup your database and code, before changing the build number.
The other reason of the problem could be a custom field that is added to the basic user profile. Please check whether you have custom field and review them. You could set up a test project (copy project files and backup the database, restore the database and set up the project again) test removing the fields one by one to see which is the problematic field and remove it or
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items