I see that there is a thread already here for the same issue: http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/general-discussions-/radeditor-in-sitefinity-10-1-6500-x-removes-mailto-links-upon-save, but there wasn't any traction there and I think this is the right place to report this.
In Sitefinity, 10.1.65xx.x (including 10.1.6523.0), the RADEditor removes mailto: links from a dynamic content when you save it. Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Create a new project using Sitefinity Project Manager for Sitefinity 10.1.6500.0 or 10.1.6502.0 or 10.1.6523.0.
- Login in to the backend GUI and go to Content > News and create a new news post.
- Type some text and select it and choose the Insert Link button.
- Choose the type of link as Email Link and give some email address there and insert it.
- If you switch to HTML view now, you can see the tag as something like <a href="mailto:<whatever-email-given>">Text</a>.
- Click the Save as Draft button.
- You should see that the contents have changed to <a>Text</a>. Essentially the mailto: is stripped off.
Normal links work perfectly fine. And this happens in all dynamic content types like News, Blog, etc. The Content Block widgets don't have this issue.
What is going on here? Can someone please clarify? This is causing a serious block in our Sitefinity development.