More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / Sitefinity 4.1 Security Issues (After Upgrade)

Sitefinity 4.1 Security Issues (After Upgrade)

5 posts, 0 answered
  1. George
    George avatar
    23 posts
    Registered:
    24 Apr 2005
    25 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Guys,

    Despite the other issues bugging other users, in general I am able to work with the new release.  I came accross an issue, however, that I may not have noticed for awhile had I not had a specific need.  Right now, I have a few users, and don't go into the user administration that much right now, and ran into a problem after the upgrade to Sitefinity 4.1:

        Goto Administration-->Users
        Click on any user, and the following error occurs (including admin users):
    Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      
    Source Error: 
      
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  
      
    Stack Trace: 
      
      
    [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Telerik.Sitefinity.Fluent.DynamicData.DynamicTypeDescriptionFacade.LoadDynamicTypeDescription(Type dynamicType) +88
       Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.UserProfiles.UserProfilesHelper.GetUserProfileType(Type clrType, String metaDataProviderName) +173
       Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.UserProfiles.Web.UI.UserProfilesControl.InitializeControls(GenericContainer dialogContainer) +578
       Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls() +81
       System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +181
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +59
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +221
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4184
      
       
      
      
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Also, if I Try to click on "Manage Profile types", The site goes into an endless alert saying:

    "Specified type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.SitefinityProfile' is not a dynamic type"

    Thanks, Greg
  2. Lubomir Velkov
    Lubomir Velkov avatar
    688 posts
    Registered:
    03 Nov 2014
    26 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Greg Figueroa,

    After the upgrade do you have a record in sf_meta_type_descriptions that looks like this:

    id - 445278DC-F303-4BEC-8589-E2A7446C610C
    app_name - //
    meta_type_id - 638670CC-B540-4FD3-ADB0-101899D1630A
    user_friendly_name - Basic profile
    description - NULL
    voa_version - 1

    Also you need a record in sf_meta_types with id equal to the meta_type_id above. Some clients reported that after a fresh upgrade this issue was fixed.

    Best wishes,
    Lubomir Velkov
    the Telerik team

  3. George
    George avatar
    23 posts
    Registered:
    24 Apr 2005
    26 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Indeed the sf_meta_type_descriptions table is completely empty.  I added the record, however, you say a corresponding record with an id that matches this records meta_type_id must exist in sf_meta_types, however, you neglected to tell me the following:

        class_name
        name_space

    For now, I put "Security" in class_name and "Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model" in name_space.  Unfortunately, the problem still exists.  I suppose I'll have to create a fresh site and compare the databases.  Very unfortunate.

    Thanks, Greg
  4. George
    George avatar
    23 posts
    Registered:
    24 Apr 2005
    26 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Okay, so I created a new site, and found the proper entries for the tables you spoke about.  After making the changes, nothing is different.  The error still occurs.  I suppose I'll have to open a ticket.

    Thanks, Greg
  5. Lubomir Velkov
    Lubomir Velkov avatar
    688 posts
    Registered:
    03 Nov 2014
    29 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Greg Figueroa,

    It seems that the upgrade process didn't do its job properly. That's why you don't have these records in the database. Also, it seems like there are other records to be added somewhere as well, but I'm not sure how OpenAccess serializes the data. We are investigating the upgrade issues now and hopefully will fix them for the upcoming Service pack.

    Best wishes,
    Lubomir Velkov
    the Telerik team

5 posts, 0 answered