More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / The resource cannot be found.

The resource cannot be found.

8 posts, 1 answered
  1. Gadonski
    Gadonski avatar
    4 posts
    Registered:
    05 Aug 2010
    10 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    When i try to create a new custom field for the news module, an alert show this message "The resource cannot be found."
    How can i fix this?
  2. Victor Velev
    Victor Velev avatar
    1345 posts
    Registered:
    06 Jul 2015
    11 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Gadonski,

    Please verify that your live server supports WCF services. You can check this article to see if you have configured your IIS correctly.

    Also you can try and use Firefox firebug plugin to diagnose the error giving me more information about it so I can be of greater help to you.

    I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can assist you any further with this service request.

    Kind regards,
    Victor Velev
    the Telerik team
  3. Gadonski
    Gadonski avatar
    4 posts
    Registered:
    05 Aug 2010
    11 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Victor Velev,

    my local server support the wcf services.

    The error occurred when the page try to load this link:

    http://local.mosarte.com.br/Sitefinity/Services/MetaData/ModuleEditor.svc/custom/?contentType=Telerik.Sitefinity.News.Model.NewsItem&skip=0&take=20&filter=
  4. Victor Velev
    Victor Velev avatar
    1345 posts
    Registered:
    06 Jul 2015
    15 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Gadonski,

    Thank you for getting back to me.

    I tried to replicate the problem locally with several Sitefinity supported browser but could not reproduce it using Sitefinity 4 with SP1. Can you provide test user account and password so I can login to your site and use diagnostic tools to verify where the problem comes from. 

    Regards,
    Victor Velev
    the Telerik team
  5. Christine
    Christine avatar
    31 posts
    Registered:
    25 Jan 2008
    16 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    Gadonski,
    I was getting this same error and my issue was that when I published my site from local VS2010 to dev server, for some reason I had the ModuleEditor.svc (in ~/Sitefinity/Services/MetaData) excluded so it didn't exist on my dev server.  Once I included that file in VS2010 and re-published my site, all worked well.  hope that helps!
    Answered
  6. Gadonski
    Gadonski avatar
    4 posts
    Registered:
    05 Aug 2010
    16 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    Thanks Christine.
  7. Connections Academy Developer
    Connections Academy Developer avatar
    151 posts
    Registered:
    04 May 2005
    22 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Every menu item on the "Content" > "Types of Content" list gives me this error, except for these three: Forms, Lists, and Newsletters (beta). I've verified I have .svc and .xamlx set up correctly, and I've re-included ModuleEditor.svc as Christine suggested. 

    Taking a queue from Christine, I looked for more missing files, and checked out the javascript error. It looks like there's a whole missing folder the project manager for 4.0 didn't create: /Sitefinity/Services/Content/. The upgrade to 4.1 didn't do anything with this folder either. 

    I found everything I needed here, and copied it to my development /Sitefinity/Services/ folder:

    C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 4.1\_EmptyProject\Sitefinity\Services\Content

    It's all working now. Thanks for the ideas! 
  8. Fredrik
    Fredrik avatar
    13 posts
    Registered:
    11 Oct 2010
    02 May 2011
    Link to this post
    I had the same issue but with the new Lists module. Your suggestion solved it. I found several files that were not invluded, so I included them all.

    /Fredrik
8 posts, 1 answered