In order for the extension to connect to Sitefinity, the following requirements must be met:
1. Make sure that you have installed the latest version of the Thunder extension. This is currently 188.8.131.52. You can download the latest version from here
2. Install the Thunder module in your Sitefinity project. Check if the message says that the installation was successful. Installation of the module is done in Visual Studio from Telerik -> Sitefinity Thunder -> Install Sitefinity Thunder Module.
3. Make a connection to your Sitefinity project. You can open the connections window in Visual Studio from Telerik -> Sitefinity Thunder -> Connection Settings. Create a new connection with the following properties:
- Connection name: this is the name that is used as an identifier for your connection. Example: LocalSitefinityConnection
- URL: The url to your Sitefinity web site. Example: http://localhost:1337/
- Username and Password: The name and password must be of an administrator.
- Membership provider: This is used when you are not using the default membership provider.
- This connection is active: If you check this, the connection will be as your active connection when you save it.
4. Test your connection. If the test is not successful, try again. If it fails again, make sure that you have entered the correct url and that you have filled the username and password of an administrator.
If the problem persists, I would like to ask you to tell us if you are reproducing the problem in an empty project. If the problem is only reproduced in your project, consider opening a ticket and attaching your project so that we can test it locally.
All the best,
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items