More in this section

Forums / Bugs & Issues / User Authentication "Object Reference" Error

User Authentication "Object Reference" Error

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. Nwe Nwe
    Nwe Nwe avatar
    3 posts
    Registered:
    14 Mar 2012
    21 Mar 2012
    Link to this post
    Hi Telerik team,

    Here is the error

    It occurs after I change "User Authentication" mode from "Form" to "Claims-based".
    Please let me know how to resolve it as I cannot access to administration of the website.

    Thank You..

    Regards,
    Nwe
  2. Stefani Tacheva
    Stefani Tacheva avatar
    718 posts
    Registered:
    31 May 2017
    21 Mar 2012
    Link to this post
    Hello,

    In order to switch to claims-based authentication you have to follow the description in our Sitefnity document.

    All the best,
    Stefani Tacheva
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Bruno
    Bruno avatar
    3 posts
    Registered:
    03 May 2008
    22 Mar 2012
    Link to this post
    Here is the error if I use that approach.

    Please let me know if you have other options to deal with current issue.
    Recently I cannot access to back-end or Sitefinity administration.

    Is there any way to get access sitefinity backend apart from using (site address/Sitefinity) to make some changes in setting?

    Thanks and Regards,
    Nwe
  4. Nwe Nwe
    Nwe Nwe avatar
    3 posts
    Registered:
    14 Mar 2012
    22 Mar 2012
    Link to this post
    Hi,
    I was working on sitefinity 4.4 and upgrade to 5.
    Then I made changes in Login function. I didn't notice that I was with "Form" authentication or "Claim-based" authentication.
    Since I realized I was in "Form" authentication, I changed to "Claim-based", then I got the previous errors.

    However, I have solution as below;
    1) Create pure Sitefinity 5 project with newly set up database and so on...
    2) Check User Authentication is "Claim-based"
    3) Check web.config includes claim-based related configuration (such as <microsoft.Identity ...>)
    4) Copy the web.config to the previous project web.config

    It works! for me.
    Let me know if you have better approach or if my solution has some inappropriate flow.

    Thanks.
    Nwe
4 posts, 0 answered