06 Sep 2017
14 Jul 2016
Link to this post
To send the confirmation email to the form submitter, need to override the SendMessage() method of the Sitefinity's default SmtpSender.
1. Inherit the Sitefinity's default SmtpSender into your custom class (Ref. http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/knowledge-base/details/how-to-extend-sitefinity-smtpsender)
2. Retrieve the receiver's email address from the form field (Ref. http://docs.sitefinity.com/for-developers-get-formfield-values-from-submitted-form-responses)
3. Check whether the notification is for the form submission.
4. Use IMessageInfo to get the default form notification details, e.g. subject and body in case of sending the default form notification to the submitter.
5. Make a custom email and send it to the submitter email address using custom forms control (Ref. http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/radoslav-georgievs-blog/2011/12/23/how_to_implement_notifications_for_incoming_forms_responses)
Also the following third party forms extension, Fenêtre Form Extension for Sitefinity, can be used which is having the option to send confirmation e-mail message to form submitter:
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal
and vote to affect the priority of the items