06 Apr 2010
19 Jul 2011
Link to this post
Here is the flow:
1. create custom membership by inheriting OpenAccessMembershipProvider
2. configure it on Administration->Settings->Advanced->Security->Membership Providers (placed a name and type)
3. add a user on the custom membership provider, rebuild site
4. user successfully logged in
5. rename the custom membership provider, rebuild site
6. successful, the new name appear now on Add User and Login dropdown
7. logout, and re login is successful
8. view users on custom provider (can't view)
9. logout, and re login (unsuccessful), prompt says
"Someone is already using this username and password from another computer or browser.
To proceed, you need to log him/her off"
when I click "Log the other user and enter" button, yellow screen of death error.
There is no configuration for data provider with the name
of "CustomProvider" for "Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserManager"
manager. Please check the spelling of the name and whether such
I observed SF do not update sf_manager_info and sf_lic_user_activity tables when renaming custom membership provider. I edited them manually and error was not encountered anymore.