More in this section
Forums / Developing with Sitefinity / Share custom module content items between several instances

Share custom module content items between several instances

The forums are in read-only mode. In case that you want to directly contact the Progress Sitefinity team use the support center. In our Google Plus group you can find more than one thousand Sitefinity developers discussing different topics. For the Stack Overflow threads don’t forget to use the “Sitefinity” tag.
1 posts, 0 answered
  1. Denis
    Denis avatar
    105 posts
    27 Feb 2009
    06 Mar 2013
    Link to this post

I have similar module that I want to share between several sitefinity instances. Module was created based on Products example.

I created separate database that I want to be shared. Added second connection string. Configured default module's provider to use separate DB (I did it before installation, because I want tables created in the other database). Installed module (in InitializeDefaultProviders). After installation, I verified that tables where created in the separate DB, but I don't see backed pages for the module administration.

I'm I missing something?

PS: If I don't use provider pointed to the second DB the module is installed correctly. But I want my module's data tables reside on the second database.
1 posts, 0 answered