Shared Pages

3 posts, 0 answered
  1. Randel Bjorquist
    Randel Bjorquist avatar
    8 posts
    25 Jan 2008
    10 Sep 2008
    Link to this post
    For the most part, I believe I have my sites working the way I'd like them to.  I have gone with a shared database across multiple Sitefinity projects.  For the most part, each site will retrieve content from a signal "authoritative" site, i.e. "Public.xxx.com", and will also contain site/section specific information.  Examples of my sites are: "Public.xxx.com", "Student.xxx.com", and "Instructor.xxx.com".

As of now, I have two problems:
    1) Not having the ability to assign multiple categories.  I've read this is fixed and not yet released.  So I'll either have to wait or write something myself.

2) The ability to share only specific pages across sites.  I've been asked to share an undetermined number of pages from one site to another, but yet to keep each site's sitemap separated.

Does anyone have any thoughts and/or ideas?

2. Randel Bjorquist
    Randel Bjorquist avatar
    8 posts
    25 Jan 2008
    11 Sep 2008
    Link to this post

To add a bit more to my second problem, sharing Pages acrossed sites/projects. Again, I’ve been asked to share an undetermined number of pages from one Sitefinity project to another, each project is setup to use a shared database.

Here’s an example of what I need the projects sitemap to look like.

- Public.xxx.com
      - Page 1
        - Page A (shared with Student.xxx.com, same as Page B)
      - Page 2
        - Page B (not shared, specific to Public.xxx.com)

- Student.xxx.com
      - Page 1
        - Page A (not shared, specific to Student.xxx.com)
      - Page 2
        - Page B (shared with Public.xxx.com, same Page A)

- Instructor.xxx.com
      - Page 1
        - Page A (not shared, specific to Instructor.xxx.com)
      - Page 2
        - Page B (not shared, specific to Instructor.xxx.com)

Since each of these projects are setup to use the shared database, things like News, Events, and General Content are being shared, so retrieving that information should not be a problem. I’m hoping to find a way to share pages which doesn’t force me to recreate the pages in each project.

If there is impossible, is there a way to export a single page from a project and then import it into another? If I’m reading the current Export feature, this is not how this works. It simply exports the current project and creates it as a template to be used while creating a new project.

Again, any ideas and/or thoughts would be greatly apreciated.

3. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    12 Sep 2017
    15 Sep 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello Randel Bjorquist,

We are closing this thread as we have already replied to your inquiry in the forum thread you opened on the same topic. We would highly appreciate it if you continue the discussion in the other one.

Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Register for webinar
3 posts, 0 answered