More in this section

Forums / Developing with Sitefinity / Single News, New List and NewView controls

Single News, New List and NewView controls

3 posts, 0 answered
  1. Darren
    Darren avatar
    72 posts
    19 Mar 2008
    25 Feb 2009
    Link to this post
    Has the single news and new list controls now been fully removed from the News dll?
    I've never been able to get the NewsView control to work correctly while my legacy apps all use seperate news list and single news controls but since patching today they no longer work.

If I can no longer use seperate news list and single news controls then I'll have to have another go at the NewsView control.
    I tried this control again this morning but with little success.
    It shows a list of news articles but when I click on a news article it just opens another page with the same list of news articles rather than the article itself.
    I tweaked a few settings such as getting it to auto create a news article page and I've tried using a seperate named page but I always get the same result.
    I also tried setting the target article page to force it to open as a single article but that just resulted in an empty control.
    Presumably the generated URL with a date and article name isn't recognised so no article is shown but since the articles are shown in the list I'm not sure why they wouldn't be recognised in the single article view.

Does anyone have any suggestions over why the NewsView control might not be working or whether theres a simple way to add the old news list and single news controls which always worked first time.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Darren
    Darren avatar
    72 posts
    19 Mar 2008
    25 Feb 2009
    Link to this post
    Strangely, when I moved the news page to be a page within a page group rather than the within the root of the website it started working so I've just re-jigged the sitemap accordingly.
    It would have been nice to have the old seperate news controls as an option still although I appreciate that this may have meant further code duplication in the toolkit.
  3. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    12 Sep 2017
    26 Feb 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Darren,

Thank you for using our services.

NewsList and Single News controls are obsolete and have been removed from Telerik.News assembly.
    Generally, the control list all news items and when you click on a single item, it will be opened separately - Details mode. Under the provider declaration you will see urlRewriteFormat property which specify how the title of news items is formed ( you can changed it if you want) - "[Publication_Date]/[Title].aspx"
    You can also have two News view controls on the same page and if you set the BehaviorMode to Details to the first one and BehaviorMode to Master to the second one - all items clicked form the second control will be displaied on the first control.

Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Register for webinar
3 posts, 0 answered