Comments on News Items

2 posts, 1 answered
  1. Jackson
    Jackson avatar
    51 posts
    23 May 2008
    19 Jan 2010
    Link to this post
    I am working with Sitefinity 3.7 and I am having some problems implementing comments on the news items.  I had successfully achieved this before.  What does it take to get comments on 3.7.

Thanks,
    Chris
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    12 Sep 2017
    19 Jan 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Chris Morrow,

How do you implement comments for the news items? Or you are just trying to enable them? To set the module to use comments you have to set

allowComments="True" in the NewsView provider coniguration.

<add name="News" allowComments="True" commentsModeration="true"  allowWorkflow="False" allowLocalization="True" urlRewriteFormat="[Publication_Date]/[Title].aspx" urlDateTimeFormat="yy-MM-dd" urlWhitespaceChar="_" visible="False" defaultMetaField="Title" securityProviderName="" allowVersioning="True" applicationName="/News" versioningProviderName="" connectionStringName="GenericContentConnection" type="Telerik.News.Data.DefaultNewsProvider, Telerik.News.Data"/>

the NewsView control also have Comments section under Advanced tab, so you can enable the comments from there as well.

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
    Answered
2 posts, 1 answered