More in this section

Forums / Developing with Sitefinity / Active Directory Integration Unknown error (0x80005000)

Active Directory Integration Unknown error (0x80005000)

5 posts, 0 answered
  1. aster
    aster avatar
    12 posts
    08 Dec 2009
    17 Dec 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi,

I am trying to integrate Active Directory with Sitefinity and found this webinar by Gabe Sumner http://sitefinitywatch.com/blog/09-07-23/Membership_amp_Role_Providers_Webinar.aspx. After I have added the connection string to to AD, and set up the connection strings for the membership provider and role provider, I try to view the site and I get a message saying "Unknown error (0x80005000)"

Configuration Error   
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.   

Parser Error Message: Unknown error (0x80005000)  

Source Error:   

Line 120:             searchScope="subtree"   
    Line 121:             name="Sitefinity"   
    Line 122:             type="Telerik.Security.ActiveDirectory.TelerikADRoleProvider, Telerik.Security" />        
    Line 123:      </providers> 
    Line 124:    </roleManager> 

Source File: C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity3.7\WebSites\Test\web.config    Line: 122  

Could anyone let me know what I am doing wrong? I also looked at other threads,
    http://www.sitefinity.com/support/forums/sitefinity-3-x/developing-with-sitefinity/sitefinity-with-activedirectory-integration.aspx
    and a KB article
    http://www.sitefinity.com/support/kb/sitefinity-3-x/working-with-multiple-membership-and-role-providers.aspx. I am still stuck with this issue.

Thanks!

2. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    18 Dec 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello Priya B,

Thank you for using our services.

Can you, please paste the whole configuration section for your AD role provider, plus the connection string configuration which you are using to connect to the AD server.

This seems like some configuration issue.

Best wishes,
    Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  3. aster
    aster avatar
    12 posts
    08 Dec 2009
    18 Dec 2009
    Link to this post

Hi Radoslav,

Thanks for your reply. Below is the code from the web.config file. I have included the connection string sections as well as the role manager section. Thanks for your help.

<connectionStrings> 
        <add name="Sitefinity" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|Sitefinity.mdf" 
          providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> 
        <add name="ADService" connectionString="ldap://*******/dc=****,dc=local"/>  
      </connectionStrings> 

<roleManager enabled="true" cacheRolesInCookie="true" defaultProvider="Sitefinity">  
          <providers> 
            <clear /> 
            <!-- default role provider --> 
            <!--<add connectionStringName="DefaultConnection" applicationName="/" 
              name="Sitefinity" type="Telerik.DataAccess.AspnetProviders.TelerikRoleProvider, Telerik.DataAccess" />--> 

<!-- Custom Telerik Role Provider for AD -->          
            <add applicationName="/"   
                 description="Telerik Role provider for Active Directory" 
                 connectionStringName="ADService"   
                 connectionUsername="username"   
                 connectionPassword="password" 
                 domainName="******"   
                 searchScope="subtree"   
                 name="Sitefinity"   
                 type="Telerik.Security.ActiveDirectory.TelerikADRoleProvider, Telerik.Security" />        
          </providers> 
        </roleManager> 
        <membership defaultProvider="Sitefinity" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="15" hashAlgorithmType="">  
          <providers> 
            <clear /> 
            <!-- Default membership provider --> 
            <!--<add name="Sitefinity" connectionStringName="DefaultConnection"   
                 type="Telerik.DataAccess.AspnetProviders.TelerikMembershipProvider, Telerik.DataAccess"   
                 enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"   
                 applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="false" passwordFormat="Hashed"   
                 maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression=""   
                 minRequiredPasswordLength="1" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" />--> 

<!-- Custom Telerik Membership Provider for AD --> 
            <add name="Sitefinity"   
                 connectionStringName="ADService" 
                 enableSearchMethods="true"            
                 attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName"            
                 type="Telerik.Security.ActiveDirectory.TelerikADMembershipProvider, Telerik.Security"/>  
          </providers> 
        </membership> 
        <profile defaultProvider="Sitefinity">  
          <providers> 
            <clear /> 
            <add name="Sitefinity"   
                 connectionStringName="DefaultConnection"   
                 applicationName="/"   
                 type="Telerik.DataAccess.AspnetProviders.TelerikProfileProvider, Telerik.DataAccess" /> 
          </providers> 

<properties> 
            <add name="FirstName" /> 
            <add name="LastName" /> 
            <add name="Position" /> 
            <add name="Photo_Hidden" /> 
            <add name="Photo" defaultValue="~/Sitefinity/Common/Images/defaultavatar.gif" /> 
            <group name="InstantMessenger">  
              <add name="IM_Type" /> 
              <add name="IM_Value" /> 
            </group> 
            <group name="Phone">  
              <add name="Value" /> 
              <add name="Type" /> 
            </group> 
          </properties> 
        </profile> 
  4. aster
    aster avatar
    12 posts
    08 Dec 2009
    18 Dec 2009
    Link to this post
    Well, I updated the connection string from "ldap" to "LDAP" and that seemed to have taken care of the Unknown error issue. Now I run into a new error.

Configuration Error   
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.   

Parser Error Message: The specified domain or server could not be contacted.  

Source Error:   

Line 142:             connectionUsername="username" 
    Line 143:             connectionPassword="password"   
    Line 144:             type="Telerik.Security.ActiveDirectory.TelerikADMembershipProvider, Telerik.Security"/>  
    Line 145:      </providers> 
    Line 146:    </membership> 

Source File: C:\Program Files\telerik\Sitefinity3.7\WebSites\Test\web.config    Line: 144   

However I can user the same connection string and browse the AD structure using the Softerra LDAP browser. Has anyone run into this issue before?

Thanks!
  5. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    19 Dec 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Priya B,

From your web.config I can see that you use both AD and Sitefinity role and membership providers. If you are going to use both, please use different names for them. Currently the providers use the same names. Can you try something like this
    <add name="ADServiceProvider"
     connectionStringName="ADService" enableSearchMethods="true"
     attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName"
     type="Telerik.Security.ActiveDirectory.TelerikADMembershipProvider, Telerik.Security" />

Regards,
    Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Register for webinar
5 posts, 0 answered