First off, let the record show that I had nothing to do with this post. Telerik, check the IP address if you don't believe me.
Second, visious, I think your boss needs to relax. Just waltz into his office and tell him Gabe said to "relax". Bring a flashlight with you and make some shadow puppets on the wall. I find this is normally the best way to diffuse tense situations.
Third, have hope, Telerik is aware of the issue: http://www.sitefinity.com/support/forums/support-forum-thread/b1043S-hbacm.aspx
I don't believe they have announced when this is coming, but this has been acknowledged.
Fourth, realize that this issue only impacts links that are put into a "Generic Content" control. I realize that is significant issue, but you can still solve a lot of problems with various dynamic "Navigation" controls. Sitefinity comes with several of these. I posted a few more to www.goondocks.com
Fifth, your dynamc "EditorToolsFile" file idea is really innovative & cool. If you get that working, I would love to know it.