More in this section

Forums / Developing with Sitefinity / Generated event urls causing 404 error in 3.6

Generated event urls causing 404 error in 3.6

2 posts, 0 answered
  1. Denis Buchwald
    Denis Buchwald avatar
    3 posts
    12 Apr 2010
    08 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi everyone,

I am using the built in events module for an employee event calendar. Everything has worked smoothly so far except when I attempt to click on any event within the scheduler view. For example (see attached image), I have a event which is on July 8th, 2010. I can view it properly in the scheduler view, but as soon as I click on the event itself to view the details I receive a 404 error message.

The resource cannot be found.
    Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /events/10-07-08/This_is_a_test.aspx

As you can see, the URL is automatically generated by Site Finity and yet the URL rewriting doesn't appear to route successfully. Can't seem to figure out why this is happening.

Any suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Derek

2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    12 Sep 2017
    08 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Derek Brown,

You should have EventView control on the same page. Currently you do not have a control to show the item.
    In case you want to place EventsView on another page - the single item will be open there you should set SingleEventUrl property of EventsScheduleView control. The property is located under Behavior properties section of the control

Sincerely yours,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
2 posts, 0 answered