I am developing a user control that is part of an intra-site module.
The control has been added to a public page on my site. Here is a
simplified version of what I am doing....
- has a radcombobox set to autopostback with some values loaded
- has a private int variable called _myid defaulted to null
- has a public property called MyId with a normal get and set
- upon postback _myid is set to the value of the selection in the radcombobox
- has a reference to Control A and wraps it in an
upatepanel: <telerik:RadAjaxPanel ...><mycontrol:ControlA
OK, so far so good. Control A is ajaxified by the radajaxpanel and all is good.
Except, I am trying to change the visibility of an asp panell, located
in Control B but outside the radajaxpanel (see above) by evaluating the
value of the public proptery MyId in Control A....like this....
protected void Page_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)
if (ControlA .MyId != null)
outsidepanel.Visible = true;
When debugging the code shows that the visibility has been set to true,
as expected, but it never renders as visible on the page itself.
Inother words the panel stays hidden.
Is this a problem that is related to sitefinity and the way controls are loaded onto the page? Or, is this behaviour expected?