You are not authorized to 'View a page'

4 posts, 1 answered
  1. Max
    Max avatar
    9 posts
    29 Sep 2010
    06 Oct 2010
    Link to this post
    Something strange is going on with my SF 4.0 Beta 2 installation.

I had it for couple days, was playing around with various custom role and membership providers - everything is fine. I did everything as "admin" user. But then I decided to test couple pages I created under anonymous user (in different browser). That's where stumbled into the problem. Here is how I can reproduce it:
    1) make small change to project and compile it

2) try to open in Firefox (anonymous user) - I see error "You are not authorized to 'View a page' ('Pages').":
    [UnauthorizedAccessException: You are not authorized to 'View a page' ('Pages').]
       DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_169167a3f7074f5cbe05a87f29c17129.GetPageNode(Guid id) +309
       Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.GetParentNode(SiteMapNode node, Boolean ifAccessible) +449
       Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageSiteNode.GetUrl(CultureInfo culture) +290
       Telerik.Web.UI.NavigationItem.PopulateFromDataItem(PropertyDescriptorCache properties, Object dataItem, String dataMember, Int32 depth) +357
       Telerik.Web.UI.RadTreeNode.PopulateFromDataItem(PropertyDescriptorCache properties, Object dataItem, String dataMember, Int32 depth) +34
       Telerik.Web.UI.ControlDataBinder.BindToHierarchicalEnumerable(ControlItemCollection items, IHierarchicalEnumerable enumerable, Int32 depth) +341
       Telerik.Web.UI.HierarchicalControlItemContainer.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) +352
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) +147
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +261
       Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.NavigationControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +249
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +108
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +224
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3394

3) Then open the same page in the Chrome (logged in as "admin"), page loads fine.
    4) Go back to Firefox (anonymous user), and now all pages work fine.

I made sure "deny anonymous" is disabled for all pages. I removed all custom providers.
    But it still happening right after I compile the project.
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    12 Sep 2017
    07 Oct 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Max,

This is a bug that we also found and we are working on it. Generally the issue  is related to the permissions and  it comes when "everyone" role has "deny" access. The access could be denied for some content or a page that show it. The issue should not appear if you are logged in. When you use two browsers you are working in different sessions.

Once again, this is a bug in Sitefinity that we will fix.

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
    Answered
  3. Max
    Max avatar
    9 posts
    29 Sep 2010
    07 Oct 2010
    Link to this post
    Thanks for reply. I assume it will be fixed in the RC that will come out later this year, right?
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    12 Sep 2017
    07 Oct 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Max,

Yes we will fix it. We discover the issue this week and we are trying to figure out what exactly is causing it.

Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
4 posts, 1 answered