Unfortunately, at this moment Documents and Files cannot be edited via Inline Editing. On the following link you could find the Covered content. At this moment is not possible to create user that is not backend user, but has permission to upload documents.
Our suggestion is to allow to HREditor role to modify library and manage documents. The user with this role will have an access to the backened, but they will see and have an access only to one section “Documents and Files”. You could execute the following steps:
1. Create a backend user with HREditor role
2. Navigate to the specific library that you want this user can administrate (Content menu -> Documents & Files)
3. For the specific library > click “Actions” menu
4. Select “Set Permissions”
5. For section “Modify library and manage documents” select button “Change” (If this button is not visible, check “Break inheritance” button)
6. Add new role that can administrate this library as check button “Add roles and users” -> select the role that you want
7. Log in with the newest user -> the user can navigate only to Content menu “Documents and Files” and will see only the specific library.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions.
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items