We have two websites our development website (Which is built
on Sitefinity 10.1.6502.0) and our old website (Which was built on Sitefinity
4.1.1574.0). We have to move or copy all the news from our old website to our
development website, so we have followed the article
and as mention in the article we have followed the steps in our development website.
1) Created a connection string to our old website database.
2) Created a news provider that is using that connection string.
Now after following the above mention steps when we have restarted our
development website (it has made some database updates) when we go to news at
sitefinity backend it should display the news from the old database as well but
it didn’t, instead when I tried to run the old website to check whether the
changes made to development website has some impact on the old website the then
the old website throws the error attached.