I've done my best to investigate the issue, and find workarounds. for my problem.
While our site has ported to Sitefinity nicely, and I'm incredibly happy with every aspect of it thus far. I still have one lingering problem. The Site Menu is terribly slow in IE. I've checked my web.config and debug is set to False. A web service is NOT an option here as each sub-menu would need to be triggered in order to display in the HTML.
Our SEO implementation requires that each menu, its items, and sub-items all display in the HTML for each page.
I have no idea what to do in this instance. I've tried wrapping the menu (or rather its contentplaceholder) in an Ajax wrapper, but nothing helps. Setting enableviewstate="false" does nothing either.
The menu has 7 pages for its top navigation, and 72 other items in sub menus. There are no images in the menus either. I'm using the "Default" Skin and have disabled skins entirely for testing.purposes, and it's equally as slow.
Chrome and Firefox run beautifully. I don't want to hear about IE's "rendering issues". I already know it's slower. However, I refuse to believe that rendering a site menu in IE is a "known bug" for the RadMenu. IE is 53% of my sites visitors. I know better than to think you would release something with such a crippling issue.
However, I've to find a resolution to the issue aside from using a web service. And as I mentioned previously. That is not an option.
Thanks for your help.