17 May 2009
28 Jul 2009
Link to this post
goal: deny editors to publish pages
1. Created a Editors role and added a user to it
2. Under Pages, All pages, permissions I selected Editors role and gave it View, create, and Modify permission only. Rest are all unchecked.
3. Logged in as the user of editor role and created a new page.
4. On the next screen it asked to select a template. Becasue I didn't give modify layout I can't choose any templates which is fine.
5. On top I can see Publish, preview and cancel changes.
1. When I didn't give approve or publish permissions, why am I seeing "publish" buttom on top?
2. There is no other choice so I pressed Publish button. Surprisingly I can see the page in menu section. Does this mean the permissions are not working.
Please let me know asap. I installed the latest version standard edition 3.6 SP2