More in this section
Forums / Set-up & Installation / Error loading wiki modules after upgrade

Error loading wiki modules after upgrade

The forums are in read-only mode. In case that you want to directly contact the Progress Sitefinity team use the support center. In our Google Plus group you can find more than one thousand Sitefinity developers discussing different topics. For the Stack Overflow threads don’t forget to use the “Sitefinity” tag.
2 posts, 0 answered
  1. MNP
    MNP avatar
    79 posts
    23 Apr 2008
    07 Oct 2009
    Link to this post
    I'm assuming something went weird after I updated to 3.7 SP1, but I know can't get into my wiki module in the admin.
    I get the following error:

     Unable to cast object of type 'Telerik.Cms.Engine.Data.Providers.DefaultProvider' to type 'Telerik.Wiki.IWikiProvider'. 
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 
    Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Telerik.Cms.Engine.Data.Providers.DefaultProvider' to type 'Telerik.Wiki.IWikiProvider'. 
    Source Error: 
    Line 54:            { 
    Line 55:                Telerik.Web.IControlPanel ctrlPnl = (Telerik.Web.IControlPanel)this.contolPanel; 
    Line 56:                foreach (Telerik.Web.ICommandPanel cmdPnl in ctrlPnl.CommandPanels) 
    Line 57:                    this.ToolBoxHolder.Controls.Add((Control)cmdPnl); 
    Line 58:            } 
    Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\internalweb\Sitefinity\Admin\Modules.aspx.cs    Line: 56 
    Stack Trace: 
    [InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Telerik.Cms.Engine.Data.Providers.DefaultProvider' to type 'Telerik.Wiki.IWikiProvider'.] 
       Telerik.Wiki.WikiManager..ctor(String contentProviderName) +124 
       Telerik.Wiki.WebControls.Admin.WikiControlPanel.get_WikiManager() +46 
       Telerik.Wiki.WebControls.Admin.WikiControlPanel.CreateViews() +146 
       Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.ViewModeControl`1.get_Views() +96 
       Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.ViewModeControl`1.get_DefaultViewMode() +22 
       Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.ViewModeControl`1.get_ViewMode() +209 
       Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.Backend.ControlPanel`1.get_CommandPanels() +24 
       Modules.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\internalweb\Sitefinity\Admin\Modules.aspx.cs:56 
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14 
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35 
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99 
       Telerik.Cms.Web.CmsPageBase.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +55 
       Telerik.Cms.Web.AdminPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +19 
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50 
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627 

  2. MNP
    MNP avatar
    79 posts
    23 Apr 2008
    07 Oct 2009
    Link to this post
    Scratch that..figured it out - I guess the web.config slightly changed and I didn't changed the wiki info.
2 posts, 0 answered