29 Dec 2009
26 Sep 2011
Link to this post
Hi Telerik guys,
I've been trying to get my site up with "new" sitefinity (4.2) but I'm a little upset and have some words for you. Actually, you can take these as "suggestions", not offending... (yes, I'm angry but still have hopes)
1) As you've release Sitefinity 4.x (4.0, SPs, 4.1, 4.2, ...) please seperate 3.x articles from the support site as they CANNOT be used with 4.2. (I'm really fed up with searching something and going back empty handed as it's for 3.7)
2) Please DO NOT CHANGE programming model again and again between minor releases (please), at least wait for a major release like 5.0. -> This way we can share things between releases...
3) Please FIX OpenAccess as it crashes continually if the system language is TR - Let me share my experience with TR language: DO NOT use .ToLower() or .ToUpper(), instead use .ToLowerInvariant() and ToUpperInvariant().
4) Share your widgets & modules: You have PITS, 'Format Code Block' library (inside ContentBlockEditor), Forums, KnowledgeBase, Breadcrumbs, a cool menu, ticketing, account operations, etc... WHY DO NOT YOU RELEASE those things? At least share the development steps!
5) Prepare MORE videos for 4.x - please cover as much as you can from developing the "Hello World" to "using Telerik Controls" inside a custom control to "styling widgets using CSS and Firebug etc".
6) WHAT'S A FORM DESIGNER if it does not have the file upload functionality (again, you have this in your own site but not for 4.2!)