03 Dec 2008
18 Jul 2012
Link to this post
I suppose you have two sitefinity web applications in the solution but Thunder do not support that
Bingo, when will it :) ...
Your solution must have only one sitefinity web application in it
I don't see why it must...it's not abnormal to have multiple sites in the same VS solution linked to a common controls library.
Those aren't the issue though...the issue is that thunder always assumes (incorrectly) three things
1) You are adding things to a SitefinityWebApp project
2) You only have one of those
3) You have external config entries
So in response to those:
1) Here we put everything in a class library project to keep all the components external to the sitefinity project. So when thunder adds the bits in it's adding a virtual path to the "layoutTemplatePath" and then assigning that variable to LayoutTemplatePath. However since I've added this to a library project neither of those are valid. It should instead not put a VP on the front, and add it to the LayoutTemplateName public property. It does this for both the control and the designer classes.
2) See top of post
3) We're an ent project, we don't have physical config files to change, everything is persisted to the database to keep everyone in sync. Works well normally, but thunder is just confused as all heck by it. It should be able to read my connection string from the data.config to get to the DB to change stuff. Moreover though, it tries to go ahead and change config files without ASKING, and if the config is checked in via TFS it thunder errors out.